I've been looking forward to this ultrasound for several weeks and today was the day. Tim and I were of course a little nervous but mostly excited about today. We were praying for a good report that everything was looking good and of course hoping to find out the gender. Our tech was really sweet and took tons of pictures of the baby's heart, brain, kidneys, legs, tummy....and then eventually the baby moved just enough for us to get a good look and see if it was a boy or girl. As soon as I looked I could tell a girl but her confirmation put a permanent smile on my face! It was such a neat feeling to know that we will be meeting our baby girl in just four months! At one point she put her little hands on her face and then a moment later used that little hand to punch me. It's amazing how you can watch what your little baby is doing inside you! After the ultrasound was over the doctor came in and just confirmed that everything looks good and the baby is growing just perfectly. She is 21 weeks and weighs 15 ounces! I am just giddy about my little girl and I know Tim is thrilled too. From the second we found out we were pregnant Tim has been confident that we were have a little lady and I thought it was a boy. Tim you were right, enjoy being right this one time. ;)
This past weekend I went home to Pittsburgh for a short visit and my mom pulled out my baby stuff and we got to dig through it. I can't wait to put her in clothes that my mom put me in 26 years ago! I also got to flip through some albums of when my mom was pregnant with me! So hard to believe that in four months I am going to be a mommy too!
Since I sat down to write this blog I have definitely felt the baby kicking. I've been waiting to feel life and I guess that too is starting today!
What a great day! Also, I promise I'm getting another bump picture up in the next few days!
3 comments:
Sweet baby girl!!! So happy for you. m.xx
I saw a 3 week old baby girl when I got to school today... I totally teared. I cannot wait to meet my little niece. Any name ideas yet? I love you My, and I'm so happy for you and Tim. And Doyle.
yay! i'm so excited to meet the little beauty! :)
so...are you going to share any name possibilities?!
Post a Comment