Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thanks Ashley!


Thanks to my lovely friend, Ashley, for giving me this blog award. You should all head over and check out her blog. She has a way with words and always has something to make me laugh on her blog.


Here are the rules:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
  2. Copy the award & place it on your blog. (see above)
  3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
  4. Share five interesting things about yourself.
  5. Nominate some other bloggers and let them know on their blog.
Okay, so here I go:

1. When I was a little kid (probably between 2 or 3) I burned my hand really bad. I basically used the drawers as steps up to the stove to retrieve a toy I threw up there. While crawling across the stove I kicked the burner "ON" with my knee and then proceeded to place my hand right onto the red hot center. I never said I was a bright kid! haha! My dad loves to tell the part of the story where the doctor ripped the huge blister off my hand without warning and he had use every ounce of self control to hold back from knocking the doctor on his butt. The doctor basically explain that if he told my dad what he had to do that my dad wouldn't of allowed it...or something along those lines. Luckily, my parents followed the doctors orders to scrub the wound every day and because of this I have absolutely no scars. I am SO thankful that I don't remember this episode of my life. However, I do remember several other injuries of my childhood: falling off a stool I was spinning on and giving myself a concussion, catching a baseball to the mouth when I played T-ball, and giving myself a black eye while walking around the house with my eyes closed (I was pretending to be blind). I was just one of those kids that was ALWAYS hurt in someway. I think...I think...I've grown out of that.

2. I've turned my husband into a slightly weird person. Before he met me I think he was normal, or whatever that means. I sometimes ask him when he's having a burst of weirdness if I did this to him. The answer is yes. The other night I looked over at him on the couch and found him shaking his head back and forth rapidly. I was quite confused on what he could be doing. I then looked down on the coffee table to find a bag of oreos. Apparently, he was swishing the oreo and the milk up in his mouth by shaking his whole head back and forth. I wish I could take credit for this weird behavior but he did this all on his own. Oh, so glad this weirdo is all mine. :)

3. I have perfect vision. Well, maybe not perfect but probably pretty close. When I was younger I wanted glasses so bad that I would lie at eye exams. Unfortunately, they always saw through me and I never left with contacts or glasses. Deep down I still want to get glasses so I can look "studious". Interestingly, I married a guy that is blind as a bat. Hopefully our future offspring will get my eyes.

4. I don't eat shrimp. I've tried and kind of wish I could eat it. I feel like I miss out on all the yummy food that contains some sort of shrimp. For some reason when I eat shrimp I get sick and throw up until it's out of my system. I've been tested to see if I'm allergic but apparently I have no allergy. It's a puzzling case so I just steer clear of it. Maybe it's all in my head, who knows.

5. I grew up thinking that everyone dressed up like pilgrims and indians for Thanksgiving. This is what my family did as far back as I can remember. I loved wearing war paint (aka, my mom's lipstick) all over my face to the dinner table or my gray dress with a a bonnet and apron. I honestly thought this was COMPLETELY normal until I mentioned it to a friend as a teenager and she made me aware that this was in fact, not normal! However, I fully plan to have my kids dress up as pilgrims and indians in the future, no doubt about it.

6. I am having fun doing this so I'm bending the rules and adding one more. This is a more serious/sappy one.
One of my favorite moments at my wedding was the father/daughter dance. Earlier on my wedding day my dad told me he was feeling weak so he wasn't even sure he would be able to walk me down the aisle. I was of course upset but knew that just having him there is enough. However he was able to pull it together and give me away. At the reception we decided to cancel the father/daughter dance since he wasn't feeling strong enough to do it. We proceeded with the reception and the other events. After several minutes of Tim and my first dance, Tim got a tap on his shoulder and it was my dad cutting in. For those of you who do not know my dad, he has been struggling with health issues for years and for him to dance with me at my wedding was probably one of the most special moments of my life. I over course was a basket-case as well as many others, Tim included. What a great memory.



Now for those that I would like to pass along this award to:
My oldest sister, Emily. She is currently in Nepal. Her blog is great and includes some great stories of her adventures.

Hmmm...and I guess that is it!

3 comments:

Rebecca Stone said...

I totally remember your pilgrim dress!

Christina said...

yay beautiful blog! and i was totally crying at your wedding during that dance, too...and i never cry at weddings!!!

Ashley said...

The blind story? That takes the cake, makes me laugh out loud and reminds me why we're such good friends :)