Wednesday, February 10, 2010

There was a time when I was a little boy.

For some reason I had really short hair for a good part of my childhood. I remember sitting in a toy fire truck or the airplane getting my hair cut, thinking I was leaving with certain hairdo only to find out later that my mother, sitting behind me, was giving signals to the hairdresser to go shorter, her personal preference. As a result of my mother's actions I distinctly remember telling many people that I was a girl not a boy all the time. At restaurants the waiter would say, "what would he like?" and I would gasp at their mistake! Couldn't they tell that I was a little girl? After all, I WAS wearing a dress! I even looked at a picture of myself one day and asked my mother who was the little boy in OUR picture!

With my 26th birthday right around the corner, I think, I am ready to put this behind me and forgive my mom. Mom, I love you, and am ready to move on with my life. :) I guess we all have things from our childhood that we need to let go of at some point. So, bye bye little boy Myra.



6 comments:

CaitlinR. said...

Hahaha. I love it. You were a cutie, boy or girl. Hope you are excited for your birthday, and don't get snowed in like I did for mine!

Emily said...

Best post ever. I just made a fool of myself laughing out loud at the library. Just so you know, it was fun having a little brother.

Courtney Walters said...

I had a boyish haircut too Myra!!

Liz Masson said...

Haha, I love you. I think your mom raised her perfect little boy into a beautiful young woman. :)

Kristie said...

haha i'm glad to hear someone else went through this tragic stage in their life. sadly, i too had very short hair until i was 6. what made it worse is that i had to wear my brother's hand-me-downs, so people really did think i was a boy:( the icing on the cake was that when i was finally allowed to grow out my hair, i rocked a mullet for a year! oh the joys of childhood:)

Lauren said...

how come i didnt see this post before?? ahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!! so funny. i had sideburns and bangs that started at the back of my head