Friday, May 2, 2008

Birds

Birds. I'm not a huge fan of these creatures but I of course still have a soft spot in my heart for baby birds. How could I not...anything baby is cute, right? Anyway, the reason I bring up birds is this, for those who read my travel blog while I was away in Prague two years ago might recall this post:

#1 One day my roommates and I decided we wanted Chinese food so we picked up our guide books and headed out searching for this specfic one. While walking down some city streets I heard a whoooosh go by my ear. No no not a plane and no not superman but a bird. Not just any bird but a baby chicken. This baby chick came flying from no where and just landed face first in the sidewalk only missing me by an inch. Never in my life did I think I would come to Prague and almost get hit in the head by a chick in the middle of a city street. I really wasn't in the mood for sweet and sour chicken after that.

Well...today I met up with my sister, Emily on my lunch break and we decided to take a nice long walk down past the white house and monuments. It was a great walk and on our way back to my office, low and behold...whooosh...a little baby bird comes falling from the sky hits Emily's shoe and landed face first into a grate. At first I thought I imagined it but after turning and looking down I realized it was not my imagination. Yes, it had happened yet again! Poor baby bird.

I just think it's interersting how birds don't poop on my head but instead plummet to their death in front of me. Maybe, just maybe they see me and get so excited that I'm walking by that they get the courage to jump out of their nest and try flying for the first time. Who knows, all I know is that another baby bird has gone to birdie heaven.

1 comment:

Emily said...

poooor wittle birdy. :( I am comforted by the thought that my shoe may have cushioned the birdy's fall. poor little fella.